Sunday, October 21, 2012


I have learned so much more about technology in the past two or three years.  However, these past two or three months have been record-breaking in that regard!  Through this Literature and the Learner Master's course, I've created a blog and a webquest.  I am also in the process of completing a training through the Lee County School District called Lee Digital Educator Training.  Two weeks ago I learned more about Power Point and how to make my presentations more interactive.  I also worked in Microsoft Excel and learned some new things there.  Yesterday, I learned how to use Audacity to record my voice and place it in Power Point or in a Smart document.  My mind is spinning with ideas to incorporate all of my new technological knowledge in the classroom.  I still have two more full-day sessions in the Digital Educator class.  Next meeting we're working on photography and the last meeting will be about embedding video.

Yesterday I showed my webquest to a teacher at my school.  Her excitement was just what I needed.  She asked me to show her how to do a webquest.  We agreed to do one together for her third grade class.  However, we first have to complete a project for our Digital Educator class!  I'm thrilled to be able to teach someone else how to do a webquest.  I want to experiment with the other webquest site, other than Quest Garden.  I believe Dr. Slick said it was weebly, or something like that.  It seems I've gained a new freedom by being able to use this technology to create lessons to help students want to learn.  Also important, I've gained the confidence to know that I can use new technology by experimenting with it and taking the time to learn how to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment