Wednesday, February 27, 2013



Are you technologically challenged, or just want to become more proficient?



These are the latest two books I have purchased and I absolutely love them!  Lori Elliott does an excellent job of explaining how to use many, many types of technology.  With each section, she introduces the technology, tells how it can be used, and gives the reader a step-by-step tutorial on what to do.  She leaves nothing out!  I like the fact that I can use her book to try something new and she teaches me how to do it, assuming I know nothing at all about it on my own - which often is the case!  Secondary students would be able to follow the directions on their own. 

After giving very explicit directions on using the tool, Elliott includes a "Look What You Can Do" section where she actually walks you through a way she has used it.  Included are color pictures of each computer screen you will see as you move through the process.

I have begun to use more technology over the past year, but admit that sometimes figuring out how to use something seems like more trouble than it's worth.  With this book, I've established an Animoto account and made an Animoto video.  I also learned how to use Glogster and made a poster with it.  Using Edmodo is my next challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment